Join us for PCPP’s first meeting of the New Year on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, 11am-1pm at the Pine Valley branch library, 3801 S. College Rd (at the intersection of 17th St, behind Slice of Life pizza). The focus of this meeting will be finalizing scripts for our February production “Ten-Minute Miscellany” at Thalian Hall. Anyone with an interest in writing for the stage or screen, regardless of experience level, is welcome to attend. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a PCPP member is easy! Dues are only $25 per year (or pay $2 per meeting), and no one is denied for financial reasons. Benefits of membership include having your scripts read and critiqued during feedback sessions, as well as having them considered for both staged readings and full productions. When you join PCPP, you become part of a vibrant community of individuals who share an enthusiasm for playwriting and screenwriting and who are committed to helping each other achieve our literary goals.
Port City Playwrights’ Project is a community of writers for the stage and screen in the greater Wilmington, NC, area that supports members at all levels of development, giving them an opportunity to hone their craft in order to create high-quality work. To that end, we offer a supportive atmosphere in which playwrights and screenwriters:
- have their works read and discussed
- share opportunities for submissions to theatres, producers, and publishers
- hear expertise from guest speakers on playwriting and screenwriting
- become eligible for works to be selected for staged readings and full productions
- belong to a guild that actively encourages producing organizations to take on award-worthy scripts created locally