OUR NEXT MEETING
Join us for PCPP’s next meeting on Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019, 11am-1pm at the Pine Valley branch library, 3802 S College Rd (at intersection with 17th Street, behind Slice of Life Pizza). Anyone with an interest in writing for the stage and/or screen, regardless of experience level, is welcome to attend. We love newcomers! For questions, email email@example.com.
Joining PCPP is easy! Dues are only $24 per year (or pay $2 per meeting), and no one is denied for financial reasons. While our meetings are open to the public, only members may have their work read and critiqued during feedback sessions. And only members’ scripts are considered for production.
Port City Playwrights’ Project is a community of writers for the stage and screen in the greater Wilmington, NC, area that supports members at all levels of development, giving them an opportunity to hone their craft in order to create high-quality work. To that end, we offer a supportive atmosphere in which playwrights and screenwriters:
- have their works read and discussed
- share opportunities for submissions to theatres, producers, and publishers
- hear expertise from guest speakers on playwriting and screenwriting
- become eligible for works to be selected for staged readings and full productions
- belong to a guild that actively encourages producing organizations to take on award-worthy scripts created locally