PLAY COMPETITION! PCPP is accepting one-act submissions for Resilience: 3 Plays about Women,
slated for May 2018. The contest, which has a deadline of December 22, 2017, is open to female writers only in a tri-county area: New Hanover, Pender and Brunswick. Submissions should run between 25 and 45 minutes and have at least 50% women’s roles. The winning script will receive both production and a $100 award. Scripts, which should have no more than four characters, must be sent as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure pages are numbered and that your contact information appears on the cover sheet. Please include a brief synopsis.
The Port City Playwrights’ Project is a community of playwrights and screenwriters in the greater Wilmington, NC, area that supports members at all levels of development, giving them an opportunity to hone their craft in order to create high-quality work. To that end, we offer a supportive atmosphere in which playwrights and screenwriters:
• have their works read and discussed
• share opportunities for submissions to theatres, producers, and publishers
• hear expertise from guest speakers on playwriting and screenwriting
• become eligible for works to be selected for staged readings and full productions
• belong to a guild that actively encourages producting organizations to take on award-worthy scripts created locally
OUR NEXT MEETING! PCPP’s next meeting will be held on Saturday, Dec. 16 @ 11 a.m. at the Myrtle Grove Library, 5155 S College Rd., Wilmington. Newcomers at any stage of experience are always welcomed! Direct questions to email@example.com.