PCPP’s next meeting will be held via Zoom, on Saturday, April 3, 2021, from 11:30am – 1:30pm. We will share our recent writing activities, discuss our upcoming film festival, and read and review one or more members’ scripts. Newcomers who live in the greater Wilmington area, regardless of experience level, are always welcomed! For more info and to register for the meeting (not necessary for current members), please email us by FRIDAY, April 2 at email@example.com.
Becoming a PCPP member is easy! Dues are only $25 per year (or pay $2 per meeting), and no one is denied for financial reasons. Benefits of membership include having your scripts read and critiqued during feedback sessions, as well as having them considered for both staged readings and full productions. When you join PCPP, you become part of a vibrant community of individuals who share an enthusiasm for playwriting and screenwriting and who are committed to helping each other achieve our literary goals.
Port City Playwrights’ Project is a non-profit community of writers for the stage and screen in the greater Wilmington, NC, area that supports members at all levels of development, giving them an opportunity to hone their craft in order to create high-quality work. To that end, we offer a supportive atmosphere in which playwrights and screenwriters:
- have their works read and discussed
- share opportunities for submissions to theatres, producers, and publishers
- hear expertise from guest speakers on playwriting and screenwriting
- become eligible for works to be selected for staged readings and full productions
- belong to a guild that actively encourages producing organizations to take on award-worthy scripts created locally